Tenth full-length album by legendary British Symphonic Black/Extreme Gothic Metal band.
A more reviled, deified, and overtly controversial group has yet to come from the primordial ooze of Metallic devolution. Cradle of Filth return with a new foray into a female based concept album and the formula - akin to “Cruelty And The Beast”- appears to be a winner. From 1994 till 2008 Cradle of Filth changed their style with every album they released. You cannot state that their first album resemblances “Dusk And Her embrace” or even “Cruelty And The Beast”. There is no band’s album in this time span that should be labeled as a copy cat of another, as their music progressed in such a manner that the term “Black Metal” doesn’t suit them by far. This album is yet another concept album and like their previous album, “Godspeed On The Devil's Thunder”, it is another step toward the mainstream. This album uses more tremolo picking, rather than power choral structure, however, so it is a step back toward the early days of Cradle of Filth.
180 gram Gatefold 2LP.
Peaceville Records, 2010 (VILELP300). Made in UK. First press.
1. The Cult Of Venus Aversa 07:08
2. One Foul Step From The Abyss 04:53
3. The Nun With The Astral Habit 04:54
4. Retreat Of The Sacred Heart 03:55
5. The Persecution Song 05:35
6. Deceiving Eyes 06:44
1. Lilith Immaculate 06:12
2. The Spawn Of Love And War 06:18
3. Harlot On A Pedestal 05:08
4. Forgive Me Father (I Have Sinned) 04:33
5. Beyond Eleventh Hour 07:16
6. Beast Of Extermination 05:32
Total playing time: 68:08 min.