Re-release of the second full-length album by the legendary British Symphonic Gothic Black Metal band.
This is the first release of Cradle Of Filth on Mucic For Nation. A lot of material for the album was written while the band was still under Cacophonous Records' contract. The album climaxes with a guest speech from Venom's Cronos on the final track, "Haunted Shores".
The album featured sweeping, epic compositions and improved production values courtesy of Kit Woolven, and became a huge success, with Cradle of Filth's strong brand of Symphonic Black Metal catapulting the band to worldwide renown due to the album's universal critical and commercial reception. "Dusk... And Her Embrace" further explored themes of vampirism and paganism in its lyrics, following on from the foundations of their earlier works.
The band is still the most successful British Metal band since Iron Maiden with legions of fans around the globe!!
Music For Nations/Sony BMG Music, 1996/2006 (82876 829052). Second re-release. Made in Germany.
1. Humana Inspired To Nightmare 01:22
2. Heaven Torn Asunder 07:04
3. Funeral In Carpathia 08:24
4. A Gothic Romance (Red Roses For The Devil's Whore) 08:35
5. Malice Through The Looking Glass 05:30
6. Dusk And Her Embrace 06:09
7. The Graveyard By Moonlight 02:28
8. Beauty Slept In Sodom 06:32
9. Haunted Shores 07:04
Total playing time: 53:08 min.